All Saints, Bayside hosts Gun Violence Town Hall with Nationally and Locally Recognized Speakers
In response to the explosion of gun violence in the United States, All Saints Church in Bayside, invited its neighbors to attend a free hybrid town hall, "Now What? Stopping Gun Violence in Our Communities," at the church on Wednesday, August 24, 2022 from 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. Attendees, both live and in-person, had the opportunity to hear from and ask questions of national, regional and local experts, including:
- The Honorable Chris Coons, United States Senator
- The Rt. Rev. R. William Franklin, Assistant Bishop, Diocese of Long Island
- The Very Rev. Laurence G. Byrne, Rector, All Saints Episcopal Church Bayside and Dean, Flushing Deanery
- The Rev. Marjorie Boyden-Edmonds, Director/Chaplain, Hoboken University Medical Center and Deacon, Flushing Deanery, Diocese of Long Island
- Captain John Portalatin, Commanding Officer, 111th Precinct, New York Police Department
- Officer Luigi Galano, Community Affairs, 111th Precinct, New York Police Department
- Michelle Guglielmelli, Lead, Moms Demand Action New York City
- Chris Byrne, The Toy Guy
Video messages were also sent from Northwell Health’s Center for Gun Violence and Sandy Hook Promise.
View the Recording of the Town Hall
View Sen. Chris Coons' Keynote Address
News Coverage of the Event
- NBC 4 New York: "NYC's Conceal Carry Gun Permit Guidance Finalized — What to Know"
- Telemundo 47 NY: "NYPD activa regla de emergencia para el control de armas de fuego"
- QNS: "All Saints Episcopal Church Addresses gun violence during Bayside town hall"
- Patch:"Gun Violence Prevention Town Hall Coming to Bayside Church"
- MSN: "Gun Violence Prevention Town Hall Coming to Bayside Church"
- Happening Next: "Now What? Stopping Gun Violence in our Communities"